When she isn’t immersed in a true crime documentary, or sipping on Jet Juice in Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge, Kris is hard at work perfecting her craft. With a background in graphic design and a love for all things pop culture, Kris utilizes the latest tattoo techniques to create something truly unique for each client.
Talk about Tattoo Ideas with Kris!
Get to Know Kris
What made you want to be a tattoo artist or when did you decide?
– After I graduated Graphic Arts college, I realized “So did Everyone else!!”. Graphic arts and web design was competitive and becoming a little less necessary and tattooing will always be needed!! Plus my own tattoo artist at the time told me I should become a tattoo artist.
What’s your background? How did you get started?
-I was interested in art and design at a young age and thought graphic arts college was the next step. I still utilize the traditional arts and graphic skills today in my tattoo designs.
What styles do you specialize in or prefer to work on?
– I enjoy many styles of tattooing. I tend to use alot of color in my pieces; from neo-traditional Disney, trashpolka, to painterly unique tattoos. Pop culture related references always peek my interest.. I’m knowledgeable in most!!
What are your tattoo goals? What kind of pieces do you love working on? What would you love to do more of?
– Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, etc. Everyone can always be better, continue to learn more, utilize more tools and grow.
Are there any tattoo requests you turn down?
– If I’m not comfortable or know an artist that has a better knowledge of style or piece, I’ll let client know. I won’t tattoo unethical pieces.
How do you work with your clients?
– now a days, email, DMs, are a good starting point. Sometimes a free in-person consultation is necessary for larger, detailed pieces.
Who’s your ideal client?
– knowledge is power, someone that has researched my work is great! And having similar interests doesn’t hurt.
Do you have any advice for the first-timer?
– Research artist, style of tattoo interested in. Be rested, hydrated, eat, and sleep is all helpful.
What makes Diego Tattoo Studio the best tattoo shop in San Diego?
– The people!! Variety, kindness, cleanliness, and fun is not lacking at this shop!!
What’s your favorite Local San Diego destination?
– Safari Park and Stone Brewery, they’re little north, but worth it.
How do we find you on Social Media?
– I.G: @KrisNotch_Tattoo